Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Music Review: Vanity Theft

One of the things that I love about Portland, OR is the bevy of small venues that allow you access to the many bands touring through town. I'm not talking about photo op / autograph session for the masses, I'm talking about getting up close and life story time. The one element necessary for this to occur, is a willingness of the band members to avail themselves to their fans. I raved about the awesome girls from Hunter Valentine making themselves available for my daughter and I to spend time with them. Today I must praise the wonderful girls of Vanity Theft for doing the same. These girls are as real as they come. They truly understand what rock and roll is all about. It's about playing live for the fans!

Rebekah and I arrived plenty early so we could get a good seat. We entered the venue, and Bekah spotted the girls of Vanity Theft hanging out before the show. We approached the girls and introduced ourselves, and they were so gracious that they summoned their missing band mate for some photos. I was taken aback at the willingness of these ladies to just open up and really talk with us. We talked and had a few laughs, and then the show started.......

Listen to me carefully...These girls can REALLY ROCK!!! I had seen their videos and really liked them, but they ascended to a higher echelon of rock and roll in their live show! I have been to the likes of "Stix", "Motley Crue", "Ozzy Osbourne", "Billy Idol", "Nickleback", "Puddle of Mudd", "Shinedown", "Three Doors Down", "Sick Puppies", etc. live, and these girls rocked with the best of them! Mark my words. These girls will be very successful in the world of rock! Their latest LP is available on itunes now, so be one of the first on the Vanity Theft band wagon. You can see them live Feb. 23, 2011 in Portland at the Ash Street Saloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment